Losing weight seems to be the optimal goal of many overweight women. To reach that goal, there are several ways, including walking. By the way, to make the most out of that exercise type, don’t hesitate to buy the best walking shoes for overweight women.
Today, we’ll share our suggested top 10 items we have researched. Here we go!
Top 10 Best Walking Shoes For Overweight Women 2019
|Asics Gel-Nimbus 17||Synthetic/Fabric||10 oz|
|New Balance 990v3||Leather and mesh||11.4 oz|
|Skechers Performance Go Walk 3||Mess Fabric/Synthetic||5 oz|
|Saucony Ride 7||Synthetic/Mesh||8.5 oz|
|Brooks Addiction Walker||Synthetic||12.8oz|
|Ryka Sky Walk||Leather and mesh||9 oz|
|Propet Tour Walker Strap||Leather||9 oz|
|Orthofeet Coral Sneakers||Synthetic fabrics and leather|
|Drew Shoe Rose Mary Jane||Leather||11 oz|
|Springboost Motion Training Shoe||Leather and mesh|
1. Asics Gel-Nimbus 17
We would recommend this Asics product for those who are looking for the high level of forefoot and rear cushioning as well as good stability.
Having the advanced upper and updated midsole design, it’s light but still gives overweight users the proper cushioning and responsive fit.
Also, it’ll offer a smooth and comfortable transition, which will handle users’ weight across different types of terrains. There’re many color options that will fit your different preference.
- FluidFit technology
- Seamless mesh and redesigned upper
- Breathable mesh gives comfort
- Durable outsole for high miles
- A few comments about the worn-out outsole because of the improper maintenance
2. New Balance 990v3
The item of New Balance has a classic appearance of old-school walking shoes with understated color combinations and appealing styles.
The insole provides the ankle support via the reinforced side in the upper rear. The sole offers an Absorb insole that gives you excellent stability and feet support.
The sole is also flexible for contouring to both feet. The midsole cushioning will ensure that every mid-stride motion is comfortable and flexible.
- Good breathability
- Leather upper wrap and seamless collar foam for a snug fit
- Supportive and comfy
- Great leverage or push-off capabilities while accelerating
- The smell of ammonia composites while contacting with much water is a bit off-putting
3. Skechers Performance Go Walk 3
This stylish shoe from Skechers is functional and supportive. Easy to wear, it offers great arch support as well as helps you show off own style.
The breathable mesh upper surface will let your feet breathe comfortably while wearing thin socks. Its sock liner features antimicrobial properties for foot odor prevention.
With this high heel cushioning inside the insole, you can increase the walking time with no tired feeling. The Goga Pillars technology of the outsole will provide traction as well.
- Extra padding and memory foam around heel for your custom fit
- Good stitching details
- Stretchable fabric to conform to your foot shape
- Flexible outsole for the enhanced sensory feedback
- It can run large, so you should choose a half size unit smaller than usual
4. SAUCONY RIDE 7
This Saucony unit comes in various vibrant colors. Its power grid full-length foam will ensure your comfort while walking or running. The shoe outer features rubber carbon segments, which will increase durability when keeping stability.
It also has a reflective heel for more visibility, and an air mesh design to allow a bit air flow when walking. There is a ComfortLite sock liner that wicks sweat away from both feet while exercising as well.
Its flexible outsole combines with the cushioning layer, which will offer smooth walks on different types of surfaces. It will accommodate forefoot strikers and neutral walkers when maintaining integrity and resiliency.
- PowerGrid EVA foam
- Flex grooves for easy moving and ground contact
- Without plastic shank
- Ideal for such long distance
- A few runners got blisters caused by overlays because of choosing the wrong size
5. Brooks Addiction Walker
Being one of the most heavy-duty products, this Brooks sneaker has the feel and fit of running shoes. For walking, that casual sneaker has low arches support to prevent both feet from turning outwards or inwards while using.
When you carry more weight, your foot position should be more secure to protect your feet, leg muscles, or tendons. So, a reliable non-slip outer sole with full-length MoGo midsoles cushioning will bring greater traction and more return during your walks.
With top-quality materials, the outsole also uses a friendly, environmentally silica compound that is durable, lightweight, and provides great support.
- A well-built and sturdy walking shoe
- Better low-arch and heel support along with a progressive rollbar
- Hydroflow technology helps to absorb impact and shock
- Removable sock liner allows for users’ customization and insoles
- Not stylish for some fashionable customers
6. Ryka Sky Walk
One more product perfect for walking comes from Ryka brand. It features a sleek midsole and breathable mesh for lighter weight. It also offers great support in the feet ball or the arch, which is significant for overweight female users.
Coming in stylish colorways, this lightweight shoe will give purchasers chances of walking in good styles. The supportive overlays will make you feel like you are not wearing any shoes while walking.
The sole of this footwear is also curved, so the foot and muscles will engage in proper ways to encourage users to walk better. It is comfortable, true to size, and helps relieve feet discomfort.
- Very tailored
- Good traction for using on slippery or wet sidewalks
- Memory foam sock liner for further comfort
- The rubber outsole offers more durability
- Some detractors complain about the inadequate arch support
7. Propet Tour Walker Strap
This Propet shoe is a perfect walking item for being out and about. It meets the various needs of many customers who want a supportive, well-fitting, and comfortable walking shoe.
It has a cushioned midsole, Nylex lining, and a padded tongue and collar for better walking experience and comfort. You can walk for some months in that product under warranty.
That comfortable style features a leather full-grain upper and a closure system with hook-and-loop adjustable fasteners for simple use. It also has healthy features, the A5500 certification as well as the guarantee for the best sole wear in the recent industry.
- Cushiony and supportive underfoot experience
- Velcro straps help to adjust the fit effortlessly
- Brushed nylon liner
- Rubber sole with herringbone tread for reduced slippage
- A deemed bulky and ugly style for some strict buyers
8. Orthofeet Coral Sneakers
Being among the most orthotic comfortable sneakers now, its contoured insole can bring ultimate comfort to diabetic feet. That insole with an arch anatomical support makes the shoe ideal for those who suffer from peripheral neuropathy.
That Orthofeet Coral shoe also works well for those who want to address overpronation by more motion control. Its sturdy design and extra cushioning layers will help both feet feel better and stable.
The lightweight synthetic uppers support the ankles. Its sole provides air cushioning that will lighten each step while walking. Its extra depth and non-binding design will make the foot uncramped and offer a great fit even in case your feet swell throughout the day.
- Ergonomic-stride and great air cushioning construction
- Gel padding under its heel
- Reduces heel pressure and alleviates pain
- Wide toe box
- Not highly slip-resistant
9. Drew Shoe Rose Mary Jane
The comfort and style combination in this Drew shoe will help users with diabetic and peripheral neuropathy. With durable leather uppers and padding, the construction of this footwear is quite breathable. It will also offer further comfort and even protect your feet’ pressure points.
Its molded sole provides for great traction and added cushioning. The hook-and-loop strap will keep it well on users’ feet at all times.
The insoles are removable, and you can replace them with other orthotic ones if needed. Besides, its double depth gives it the roomy fit. The fitting system will help you to get the high-level secure fit for both feet, which is important for users who have foot ailments.
- Breathable and lightweight
- Padded insoles
- Molded and synthetic soles for superb traction
- Simple Mary Jane hook-and-loop closure
- A few comments about rigid and hard outsoles
10. Springboost Motion Training Shoe
No one can deny the comfort of this SpringBoost shoe while taking a walk. It is easy to use and fit well. It is quite perfect for overweight women suffering from such fallen arches.
It has a ramped-up arch which provides great support. There will be additional padding that makes your every step comfortable.
Its lower heel allows you to maintain good walking posture. The sole’s shock absorption bean help you to get an easy and effective workout. The leather and mesh design will increase users’ speed and power, whatever their goals and training styles.
- Energy plate brings increased motion range and optimal energy use
- Dorsiflexion technology
- Insole U-control program with interchangeable inserts
- Perfect for athletes who need more explosive strength and power
- The width is a bit narrower than normal
Walking is an easy and effective method to fight with your extra pounds. And finding the best walking shoes for overweight women is important.
We hope that buying suggestion will help you select the proper products. Pick up your best items here and enjoy your movement! Thanks for consulting!